STUDYING AS A LEARNER / WORKER WHILST CONTINUING EMPLOYMENT
Feeling restless? Want to do something, but you’re not sure what? It’s NOT a mid life crisis, it’s your unfulfilled self wanting to have another go at life.
- Maybe you’ve been that square peg in the round hole for too long.
- Maybe you’ve achieved all you can at work, but have hit a ceiling.
- Maybe you just like a challenge – but don’t really know what you want to be “when you grow up”
At GEM we want to help make this easier with U-GEM™.
U-GEM™ is a personalised web portal that is your one-stop-shop to discovering more about yourself, helping you to formulate your ideas about careers and study options and how they fit together with the unique combination of talents, gifts, abilities, interests, work background, personality that is YOU.
- U-GEM™ will not only help you plan your next step, but will assist you in your decision making.
It will also help informed you as you select your pathway to a future university and/or working life. Create your own U-GEM™ profile today.
GEM can offer you over 300 competency based vocational training modules, with credit status to qualifications from Certificate IV – Advanced Diploma levels, in the following areas:
- Occupational Health Safety and Welfare
- Workplace Training and Assessing
- Communications, including English as a Second Language
- Management Methodologies (including Financial Management, Business Development Management)
- Information Technology and Communication
- Sales and Marketing
- Equity and Workplace Relationships
- Implementing a Team Culture to improve profitability
- Vocational Numeracy
Courses may be undertaken on a day basis, Intensive Evening courses, Face to Face or e-learning. Our programming is flexible to fit in with the real pressures of the real working world.
Benefits to learner/workers include:
- Safer work environment
- Recognition of previous learning and experiences
- Recognition of existing skills and knowledge
- Personal satisfaction through achievement
- Relevant vocational knowledge
- Increased bargaining power for employment and promotions
- Career opportunities are enhanced
- Career change and mobility
- Certificates, Diplomas and Advanced Diplomas are recognised throughout the world
Some of the benefits your employer may experience from supporting your training, and the training of other personnel, include:
- Increased profitability
- Increased safety
- Decrease in down-time and inefficiency
- Improved quality
- Increased competitive power for global markets
- Increased bargaining power
- More satisfied workforce