Jason's passion is for learning and development and his energy is boosted by the improvement he sees in the people he works with.
Jason is an advanced communicator and proven leader, and has had 6 years of training and experience as a Toastmaster.
Currently Eastern Division Governor for Toastmasters in Brisbane and surrounding areas, Jason provides motivation, support and guidance to the Area Governors and reports regularly to the District 69 Governor.
As one of the main voices of GEM’s Online Training, Jason will give the strong, but friendly tones to accompany you through your studies.
Jason is also a GEM Online student, as he plans to be a Trainer, Assessor and a commercial partner of GEM College of International Business.
We think you’ll enjoy Jason’s contribution as you undertake learning through the GEM College of International Business Online Campus.
Then his bio as follows opens up
Jason has four key distinctive qualities:-
1. he loves people
2. he loves to serve others
3. he is a great communicator; and
4. he is an exemplary leader
These four qualities, coupled with his technical skills, is what brought Jason to the attention of GEM College of International Business (Global).
Jason provides a range of services to the GEM Online Campus, including the audio voice over on our Learner Guides. The audio is an important element of our educational resources, as it:-
• assists the visually impaired to have full access to the GEM Online Campus
• literacy is enhanced as learners hear Jason’s voice as they read the text, this aids in their reading and in their interaction with the content
• English language skills are enhanced as non-english speaking background learners hear the sound of a native English speaker, pronouncing the words, and placing intonation into the text. The exposure to a native speaker is vital to developing language skills in any language; and our learners can focus on the text, understand the context, and enhance their language skills while they are interacting with the content.
Jason has worked at the State Library of Queensland for 24 years, gaining Administrative and Technical experience performing front of house and back of house roles including:
• Giving both general and complex information and directions to clients
• Assisting clients with use of computers, trouble shooting and interfacing with the ICT Help Desk; demonstrating the Multi Function Device (MFD) and other equipment; responding to reference enquiries and providing a range of services to clients through Voyager, the State Library’s patron management database
• Receiving and processing newly acquired reference assets
Jason was awarded the Associate Diploma of Applied Science in Library Technician Studies, from Southbank Institute of TAFE, Queensland, in 1994.
Jason is a Communication and Leadership specialist.
He has been an active member of Toastmasters International since mid 2007, and was recently elected Eastern Division Governor 2013/14 (District 69), where he provides motivation, support and guidance to the Area Governors of 30 Toastmasters clubs. He reports regularly to the District 69 Governor.
Jason has distinguished himself within Toastmasters International, having achieved the educational levels of Advanced Communicator Silver and Advanced Leader Bronze, and also the High Performance Leadership award.
Jason has presented prepared and impromptu speeches, and has also undertaken leadership assignments in accordance with project requirements of the “Competent Communicator”, “Competent Leader”, “Special Occasion Speeches”, “Speaking to Inform”, “Humorously Speaking”, “Entertaining Speaker” and the “High Performance Leadership” manuals.
He is currently working with "Communicating on Video", "Public Relations" as well as repeating the "Competent Communicator" manual.
His goal is to achieve the Advanced Communicator Gold Award and the Advanced Leader Silver awards by the 30th June 2014, at that point he will have achieved the Distinguished Toastmaster award, which has only been achieved by 0.5% of all 4 Million past and present Toastmasters.